^ Press Play ^
You guys, tomorrow is Charles’s and my 2 year wedding anniversary. Can you believe it?!
2 years of marriage and 9 years of togetherness. Time sure is flying. (O_O)
To celebrate this milestone, we are taking the day off from work to go on a date.
A real basic date now that I think about it because the only thing we have planned so far is to go to the movies.
But in our defense, it’s been a really long time since we’ve seen a movie in an actual movie theater because the price of tickets has gone up in the most absurd way over the past couple of years.
So tomorrow, we’re treating ourselves to the real deal.
Popcorn with extra butter and a little $7 box of Crunch included ‘cuz it’s our anniversary and we’re “ballin” out like that ;)
It’s been a crazy roller coaster ride of loving long distance to getting engaged, moving in together, eloping and now, living the married life.. And I feel really lucky to have a boyfriend, fiance and now husband who has been and is still ok with me sharing bits of our black and yellow love happenings on this blog.
Because if he wasn’t comfortable with it, I wouldn’t do it.
But thankfully he is and as a result, I have a great archive of love-related posts that I can look back on whenever I’m feeling nostalgic about how our relationship has evolved over the past 9 years.
With that said, I put together a list of links below to my favorite black and yellow posts from over the years in celebration of our anniversary. #gagalert
– A Black & Yellow Love Story On How We Met and Became Officially Boyfriend & Girlfriend.
– How Charles Proposed & Our Surprise Engagement Party.
– From Long Distance to Living Together: Part 1 & Part 2.
– Too Cold To Go Out For Valentine’s Day? Nothing Say “I Love You” Like A Picnic On The Living Room Floor.
– Postcards From That One Time We Eloped At The D.C. Courthouse.
– Did You Know That Beyonce & Jay Z Performed At Our Wedding Reception? Cuz They Did… Kind Of.
– How We Celebrated Our One Year Anniversary.
– And Lastly, That One Time I Ate Charles’s Cookie haha.
And if that’s not enough, you can always find more of our love-related posts here.
P.S. Tomorrow I’ll be sharing something that’s been sitting in my draft box for the past year and a half because I have a little habit of writing posts and never publishing them for various reasons. But since I’m on a mission to “blog like no one is watching“, I’m thinking it’s time to open the vault.
P.P.S. In case you don’t follow me on Twitter, this happened -> Tweet 1 and Tweet 2. Soooo yea, more on that coming soon. :)