1) *takes a deep breath* This is what I look like with no makeup and no filter… Charles recently posted this photo on his Instagram account for his #wcw (woman crush wednesday) and at first, I was embarrassed that he posted a pic of my face barenaked online. But then I realized, “wtf? Why don’t I love my flaws as much as he loves them?” So yea, this is me. Taking a step towards embracing who I am and what I look like without any makeup on… Blackheads and all. #selflove #beautyfromwithin
2) The first thing I notice about a person when I meet them is their posture. Blame it on my dance background (and a dad who works in law enforcement) but I feel like the way a person carries them self says alot about who they are. Forget about clothes, makeup, hair and words. I judge a person initially by what I read from their body language.
3) I like to eat my pizza with a knife and fork. It’s an old habit I developed when I used to wear braces and it has stuck with me ever since.
4) As a mixed child growing up with a Buddhist Mom and Christian Dad, I spent my time equally in a church and temple. I feel very lucky to have been brought up by parents who allowed me to come to my own conclusions about religion; a conclusion that has led me to wave the agnostic flag. I believe in evolution but I also believe in the moments that occur in life that can’t be explained by science… I believe in miracles. And in those moments when I’m moved to pray, I always start each prayer with, “Dear Lord and Lut-Da (Buddha in Cambodian)” and end my prayer with,”Amen & Satuk, Satuk, Satuk (Amen in Cambodian)” Some people may think I’m crazy when I explain this to them but they haven’t lived my life… A life, which to me, is pretty darn normal.
5) My socks never match. I already have a hard time doing the laundry… On top of that, I’m actually expected to sort through and pair my socks together?!?! Oh hell no. I just take my socks from the dryer and throw them in the drawer as is. When I get ready to head out each day, I grab the first two socks I can find and roll bounce.
6) With regards to the lady lumps: I have endearing nicknamed one, “Big Mama”, the other one, “Baby Girl.” Regardless of size, the hubby gives them both equal amounts of attention and for that I am truly grateful ;)
7) I don’t drink coffee. My body just can’t handle the amount of caffeine associated with coffee. I get jittery and feel nauseous. It’s the worst. With that said, TEA is the preferred hot beverage for me. I loooooooove it and drink somewhere around 3-4 cups of tea every single day. Maybe that’s why I’m so obsessed with British culture. They are alll about their tea :)
Speaking of Brits, a big thank you to Miho from Wander to Wonder for tagging me with the One Lovely Blog Award! The award asks for bloggers tagged to share 7 things about themselves and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to share a few things about the girl behind the blog; especially for those of you who are new readers to Quaintrelle. On top of that, my girl, Helene, is hosting the Blogtober ’14 link up and this post fits perfectly into the prompt for tomorrow! I can’t think of a better way to knock out two stones with one bird :) Or is it the other way around? I always get that saying mixed up. Anywho…
Michael from Crazy Tragic Almost Magic
Erin from Two Thirds Hazel
Disa from The Active Spirit
Ashley from Dancing With Ashley
Rima from Bolu By Rima
Shanna from Because Shanna Said So
Amy from Club Narwhal
Linking Up With: