I could continue to recapping our Euro-Trip but I think it’s more fun to go back and forth between the past and present. It keeps things dynamic and for a girl who has a love/hate relationship with routine, this approach works perfectly haha. With that said, I present to you a list for life as of lately according to my iPhone pictures… Beware, this is a doozy.
1) Grad school is pretty much taking over my life. I’m in class Mondays and Wednesday nights and every other free moment is spent doing assigned readings and papers and group projects… My second semester of school is twice as hard as last semester in regards to how much work I have to do. It’s the main reason why I haven’t been posting as much here on Quaintrelle. But I think I’m starting to get a handle on everything. Sundays are now fully dedicated to lounging around in my pjs and getting my work done with lots of tea on standby. ** The desk in the first photo above is not mine. I was trying to be social and hang out with Charles at our friend, Tarek’s place. I ended up doing my homework at Tarek’s desk in the corner while the boys watched football alll Sunday afternoon.
2) Tuesday and Thursday evenings, I’m in the dance studio working on re-staging a piece I choreographed on the dance students at George Mason University (my alma mater) for their Fall Concert in November. I can’t even begin to describe to you how mocha frappin good it feels to be back in a dance studio, letting my creative juices take over! The dancers I cast are awesome and I’ve got about 2 minutes and 30 seconds of the song choreographed so far; 4 more minutes to go. If any of you reading live in the Washington Metropolitan Area are interested in coming to see the concert, shoot me an email and I’ll send you the deats :)
6) I’ve come to the realization that if I don’t get my butt up early in the morning to workout before I start my day, it will not happen… Unfortunately, with my dance rehearsals and academic classes going as late as 10pm each night, waking up at 5:45 in the morning has been super hard to do. As such, I’ve only been to the gym 3 times since school has started. I must find the motivation to get myself out of bed in the morning. Luckily, I’ve been eating pretty healthy so I haven’t actually gained any weight but I need to do better and make time for fitness.
8) I had the opportunity to do another maternity shoot a few weeks ago! This time with Charles’s cousin, April, who just recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl! More photos to come on that :)
9) Charles and I went over to my Dad’s place to hang with my Grams and sister, Genie, this past weekend (while my dad is in Law Vegas living it up. Yea, I’m jealous). What resulted was an evening full of laughter, eating my Grams’s yummy zucchini and a guitar jam session. Best night ever. If you’re reading this Grams, I love you to the moon and back and am soooo proud of you for finally figuring out how to take a selfie! <3
10) A GIF from that one night Charles and I went bar hopping on U St (in D.C.) with friends. I saw the this mural and couldn’t resist a photo opp. Doesn’t Charles’s shadow in the corner look super creepy? Anyways, we ended up staying out until almost 3 in the morning which is a big deal for us since we’re usually in bed by midnight at the latest… This was one of those moments that made us feel like we still had it haha. It being that “cool, party all night mojo.”
And that’s that. Life lately squeezed into 10 bullet points… Oh wait, one more thing! I also bit the bullet and put in an order for the new iPhone 6 (I currently have a 4S) which means that I’ll be stepping up the quality of my iPhone pictures soon! Let’s hope the new size of the phone doesn’t turn me off when it finally arrives in the mail…
Cheers & Happy 1st Day of October!
Linking Up With: